Wonder League Robotics Competition Mat: 150cm x 240cm with 5x8 30cm grid (apx 60"x95") / MW2017A
This mat is designed to the specification for the 2017-18 Wonder League Robotics Competition. Includes the 1-7 and A-E labels and cm designations.
9/16/2017: Revised to reflect standard positions of numbers and letters and added cm increments (like last year's mat)
Wonder Workshop / Make Wonder's Dash & Dot system and challenge is a remarkable training system.
- Printed in full color
- Printed on 13 oz outdoor matte vinyl
- 150cm x 240cm with 30cm grid.
This is retail product that is durable and will last many years.
- Cut 30cm square pieces of paper or cardboard and tape them together.
- Go to a local sign shop and buy a piece of blank matte vinyl, and put tape on it.
- Get a white tarp from a local hardware store and cut it to size and tape it.
- Design your own mat and have it printed locally.
Notes on Making Your Own Mat
- Precision can be difficult.
- Paper construction will usually not roll or store nicely and is prone to creases and tears.
- Tape on vinyl comes off easily, especially when rolling or storing or being walked on.
- Tarps will typically not lay smoothly and are prone to creases.
- The costs of retail banner printing is typically $5-$8 per per sq/ft yielding a final price of $200-$280.
- However, there is a affordable 'self print' solution at esigns at $80 plus shipping: https://www.esigns.com/vinyl-banners/custom/
- Be sure to specify NO GROMMETS and NO STITCHING
- Then there is your time...