A Note About Programming: The curriculum guides outline conceptual missions. Detailed programming steps and robot construction is so well covered on the web that we have only focused on goal-oriented aspects of the missions
Download All Worksheets in a single zip file:
Right click and choose 'save file/link as..."
FREE: Amazing TechBrick Lego Ruler with Stud Counters
Print Your Own! This ruler has been downloaded from TechBrick.com tens of thousands of times. Get one today!
You can download a press ready PDF of the cool TechBrick ruler we've been giving out at tournaments.
- English and metric scales.
- LEGO stud counter.
- Read these special instructions first:
- You must print this on US Legal Paper
- (8.5 * 14 inches US)
- Print it on card stock for best results.
- Trim carefully at crop marks.
- Make SURE that Acrobat is set to print at 100% and NOT fit to page or margins.
- This file can be used for commercial CMYK (4 color) printing or printing on home or office color printers.
Field Work Sheets
These are scaled representations of each mat with inches and metric scales. They are to be use to plan missions.
Missions for Mats
These are provided to get you thinking about the possibilities. The goal is to create series for standard excercizes you can do with each new class of students. Be create, add objects, barriers, and elements. Make your own challenges.
Generic Work Sheet
Generic template in MS Word for you to make your own curriculum sheets.
General Practice Mat
- Basic Drive Straight RobotMatsMissionGPM001.pdf
- Basic Accurate Turns RobotMatsMissionGPM002.pdf
- Combined Straight and Turn RobotMatsMissionGPM003.pdf
- Basic Line Counting RobotMatsMissionGPM004.pdf
- Light Sensor/Color Sensor RobotMatsMissionGPM005.pdf
Lines and Grids
- Straight Lines North RobotMatsMissionLFM001.pdf
- Turn or stop at the intersection RobotMatsMissionLFM002.pdf
- Follow the Curves RobotMatsMissionLFM003.pdf
Counting and Targets
- Count the black lines RobotMatsMissionCTM001.pdf
- Sense the Difference RobotMatsMissionCTM002.pdf
- Count the elements RobotMatsMissionCTM003.pdf
Country City Story Mat
- Worksheet for Basic Grid 10cm RobotMatsWorksheetBasicGrid10.pdf
- Worksheet for Basic Grid 30cm RobotMatsWorksheetBasicGrid30.pdf
- Worksheet for Basic Grid 30-10cm RobotMatsWorksheetBasicGrid3010.pdf
Table Top 28" Mats
- Worksheet for Table Top Lines RobotMatsWorksheetTableTopLines.pdf
- Worksheet for Table Top Counting RobotMatsWorksheetTableTopCounting.pdf
- Worksheet for Table Measurements RobotMatsWorksheetTableTopMeasurements.pdf
Light Sensor Mania
- Worksheet for Light Sensor Mania RobotMatsWorksheetLightSensorMania.pdf
There are so many great programming resources available. Below are some of the best. Looking for something? Search on GOOGLE.
This site has a limitless set of bot and programs. It is the best place to start.
Another site with amazing tutorials and resources.
From Carnegie Mellon, the leader in NXT education.
Mindstorms Official How to Program Page
EV3 tutorials: By students, for students
EV3 Lessons from the Seshan Brothers
One of the key ways to excel in FLL competitions is to look for rare or custom parts.
These are some of best resources:
Previous Field Kits
You can find complete field kits for previous FLL challenges at the three parts sites listed above. Just search for the name of the challenge. See the image to right for an example.
The FLL Tournament Scoring Site has a concise list of the challenges with descriptions.
Searching for Answers
You can find a bewildering range of solutions on google. Here are some examples:
- Google search for "ev3 line follower": https://www.google.com/#q=ev3+line+follower
- Google search for "ev3 sensor programming": https://www.google.com/#q=ev3+sensor+programming
- Google search for "ev3 construction techniques": https://www.google.com/#q=ev3+construction+techniques
TechBrick has resources for each year's challenge:
Current Year: http://techbrick.com/Lego/Lego2016/Resources
Previous Years: http://techbrick.com/Lego/TechBrick/FLLChallenges