A Note About Programming: The curriculum guides outline conceptual missions. Detailed programming steps and robot construction is so well covered on the web that we have only focused on goal-oriented aspects of the missions
Download All Worksheets in a single zip file:
Right click and choose 'save file/link as..."
Field Work Sheets
These are scaled respresentation of each mat with inches and metric scales. They are to be use to plan missions.
Missions for Mats
These are provided to get you thinking about the possibilities. The goal is to create series for standard excercizes you can do with each new class of students. Be create, add objects, barriers, and elements. Make your own challenges.
Generic Work Sheet
Generic template in MS Word for you to make your own curriculum sheets.
General Practice Mat
- Basic Drive Straight RobotMatsMissionGPM001.pdf
- Basic Accurate Turns RobotMatsMissionGPM002.pdf
- Combined Straight and Turn RobotMatsMissionGPM003.pdf
- Basic Line Counting RobotMatsMissionGPM004.pdf
- Light Sensor/Color Sensor RobotMatsMissionGPM005.pdf
Lines and Grids
- Straight Lines North RobotMatsMissionLFM001.pdf
- Turn or stop at the intersection RobotMatsMissionLFM002.pdf
- Follow the Curves RobotMatsMissionLFM003.pdf
Counting and Targets
- Count the black lines RobotMatsMissionCTM001.pdf
- Sense the Difference RobotMatsMissionCTM002.pdf
- Count the elements RobotMatsMissionCTM003.pdf
Country City Story Mat
There are so many great programming resources available. Below are some of the best. Looking for something? Search on GOOGLE.
This site has a limitless set of bot and programs. It is the best place to start.
Another site with amazing tutorials and resources.
From Carnegie Mellon, the leader in NXT education.
Mindstorms Official How to Program Page
EV3 tutorials: By students, for students
EV3 Lessons from the Seshan Brothers
One of the key ways to excel in FLL competitions is to look for rare or custom parts.
These are some of best resources:
Searching for Answers
You can find a bewildering range of solutions on google. Here are some examples:
- Google search for "ev3 line follower": https://www.google.com/#q=ev3+line+follower
- Google search for "ev3 sensor programming": https://www.google.com/#q=ev3+sensor+programming
- Google search for "ev3 construction techniques": https://www.google.com/#q=ev3+construction+techniques
TechBrick has resources for each year's challenge:
Current Year: http://techbrick.com/Lego/Lego2016/Resources
Previous Years: http://techbrick.com/Lego/TechBrick/FLLChallenges